About Descriptive Text
1. Description Text
What is Descriptive Text?
1. The Definition and Purpose of Descriptive Text
Descriptive text is a text which says what a person or a thing is like. Its purpose is to describe and reveal a particular person, place, or thing.
2. The Generic Structure of Descriptive Text
Descriptive text has structure as below:
• Identification; identifying the phenomenon to be described.
• Description; describing the phenomenon in parts, qualities, or/and characteristics.
3. The Language Feature of Descriptive Text
• Using attributive and identifying process.
• Using adjective and classifiers in nominal group.
• Using simple present tense
4. Examples of Descriptive Text